scratch that I'm not leaving

Go down

scratch that I'm not leaving

Post by Sturx on Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:07 pm

Hello! For all those who where chatting with me earlier, I'm not mad, I just have a strong opinion.
So everyone I'm leaving. I know, sorry I am. Reason being I don't think swearing should be taken so lightly when it can hurt people so bad sometimes. I have this strong opinion for many reasons, I've lived with so many people that swore and it impeded their lives. I must say that this being a community driven forum there should be a lot less swearing among people so that many new members can get settled in before judging what is happening. I wish the best for this website and it's future. I find though that the swearing may drive away people, this is just an opinion that I thought infernhawk and others would listen to. I am wrong for the time being and hope that changes may be made in the future. I don't want this website to fail. I want it to thrive like I said before. For now though I don't want to be part of a website that swears. It is nothing against the people who run it, it's that I do not want myself to be hurt by the words.
I have said before, "say whatever you want I will not get mad" and this is true. I only wish that things where different.
I leave my thanks to infernhawk for the nice stay while it lasted, and to all of you who have talked to me and made this site bigger.
I will be going after today....
leave your comments good or bad, Those of you who have chatted with me recently SHOULD post something here and stop trying to keep it quiet about what happened.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
I have been unbanned but still seek for this site to get better. I don't want to delete my account and make many of the forums named "guest". So I may not be using the forums themselves that often, instead I will make graphics for this site.


Last edited by Sturx on Tue Jul 13, 2010 1:30 am; edited 2 times in total

_________________
and also the earth badge Deviant art account:http://sturx.deviantart.com
avatar
Sturx
Lagomorph
Lagomorph

Posts : 528
Join date : 2010-07-10
Age : 26
Location : California

View user profile http://sturx.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: scratch that I'm not leaving

Post by Goku on Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:19 pm

Sorry you fele that way. I just got mad that you wouldn't stop argueing with my decision. Sorry I allow swearing.

_________________
Gym Badges: Dragon Badge, Sky Badge, Silence Badge, and Whirlpool Badge

avatar
Goku
Infernape
Infernape

Posts : 1232
Join date : 2010-07-09

View user profile http://pokebluegate.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Re: scratch that I'm not leaving

Post by Sturx on Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:33 pm

Infernhawk wrote:Sorry you fele that way. I just got mad that you wouldn't stop argueing with my decision. Sorry I allow swearing.
It's ok, but I was not arguing, it was a heated discussion that kept getting amplified by admin jirachi's swearing. It would have been nice not to have been banned because of my opinion. I am allowed to express my opinion, as long as it isn't hurtful to others. If I can't do this then I think that the site is going downhill. You can keep that signiture as a reminder of my opinion. I wish you didn't take it that I was arguing. I had valid points, and said them in nice ways. I didn't swear, or press the issue more than it needed. I wish you the best of luck with your site.

_________________
and also the earth badge Deviant art account:http://sturx.deviantart.com
avatar
Sturx
Lagomorph
Lagomorph

Posts : 528
Join date : 2010-07-10
Age : 26
Location : California

View user profile http://sturx.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: scratch that I'm not leaving

Post by Goku on Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:42 pm

I just don't understand.

_________________
Gym Badges: Dragon Badge, Sky Badge, Silence Badge, and Whirlpool Badge

avatar
Goku
Infernape
Infernape

Posts : 1232
Join date : 2010-07-09

View user profile http://pokebluegate.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Re: scratch that I'm not leaving

Post by jd896 on Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:48 pm

If Jirachi didn't keep pushing in..... I feel he went too far. I wish you the best of luck Sturx and I agree with every word you said. Jirachi is now on my dark list. Like I said, I'll see ya on DeviantART. Good luck with your art. *Shakes head in dissapointment*

_________________


The truth^^^
See ya on the track!-Jd896
Xbox Live Ambassador
Betas- COD: WAW, BLUR, Halo: Reach
http://jd896.deviantart.com/
FALCON!!!!!!!! Lunch!!!
I write fan fics!
Earth Badge, Silence Badge
avatar
jd896
Pichu
Pichu

Posts : 351
Join date : 2010-07-10
Age : 21
Location : NY

View user profile http://jd896.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Re: scratch that I'm not leaving

Post by jd896 on Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:48 pm

Infernhawk wrote:I just don't understand.
You both went too far (More or less Jirachi) IMO. That's all there is to it.

_________________


The truth^^^
See ya on the track!-Jd896
Xbox Live Ambassador
Betas- COD: WAW, BLUR, Halo: Reach
http://jd896.deviantart.com/
FALCON!!!!!!!! Lunch!!!
I write fan fics!
Earth Badge, Silence Badge
avatar
jd896
Pichu
Pichu

Posts : 351
Join date : 2010-07-10
Age : 21
Location : NY

View user profile http://jd896.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Re: scratch that I'm not leaving

Post by Sturx on Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:57 pm

Ok....
so the website you are hosting is a forum, meant for many people to enjoy.
swear words discourage people from joining, they might not feel confortable, or for many other reasons not join. A swear word is normally used for something VERY bad. It used to never be used unless in horribly indescribable context. The way people are starting to use those words now have become to generalized, and hurtful. If a person is truly smart they will not use swear words because they don't have to resort to them. They are saved for the WORST occasions. People shouldn't have to use them all the time, that's why there is nearly a bagillion other descriptive words in the English dictionary. A community based site shouldn't use those words, for the community as a whole doesn't use them a lot. Japan doesn't use them, China doesn't, the older folk in the U.S. know better in general (I admit you may come across a very immature adult who swears in front of kids). Many people in the world do not use these words like kids do in america. A community could be 30 people or 100,000 people, I'm just trying to make a point that if you want a near 100,000 registered users on your site, you gatta make the necessary adjustments for them.

_________________
and also the earth badge Deviant art account:http://sturx.deviantart.com
avatar
Sturx
Lagomorph
Lagomorph

Posts : 528
Join date : 2010-07-10
Age : 26
Location : California

View user profile http://sturx.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: scratch that I'm not leaving

Post by jd896 on Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:00 pm

Go Sturx! I agree once again!

_________________


The truth^^^
See ya on the track!-Jd896
Xbox Live Ambassador
Betas- COD: WAW, BLUR, Halo: Reach
http://jd896.deviantart.com/
FALCON!!!!!!!! Lunch!!!
I write fan fics!
Earth Badge, Silence Badge
avatar
jd896
Pichu
Pichu

Posts : 351
Join date : 2010-07-10
Age : 21
Location : NY

View user profile http://jd896.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Re: scratch that I'm not leaving

Post by Sturx on Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:05 pm

jd896 wrote:Go Sturx! I agree once again!
why is your warning bar up?! you did nothing!
I'm sorry for getting you into this. I truly am. I did not think that they would look toward you.

_________________
and also the earth badge Deviant art account:http://sturx.deviantart.com
avatar
Sturx
Lagomorph
Lagomorph

Posts : 528
Join date : 2010-07-10
Age : 26
Location : California

View user profile http://sturx.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: scratch that I'm not leaving

Post by Goku on Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:07 pm

Lugia keeps putting it up because of 1 word posts.

_________________
Gym Badges: Dragon Badge, Sky Badge, Silence Badge, and Whirlpool Badge

avatar
Goku
Infernape
Infernape

Posts : 1232
Join date : 2010-07-09

View user profile http://pokebluegate.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Re: scratch that I'm not leaving

Post by Sturx on Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:09 pm

Infernhawk wrote:Lugia keeps putting it up because of 1 word posts.
are you going to reply to my other thing I said that was VEEEERY long?
It is the best I can explain it.

_________________
and also the earth badge Deviant art account:http://sturx.deviantart.com
avatar
Sturx
Lagomorph
Lagomorph

Posts : 528
Join date : 2010-07-10
Age : 26
Location : California

View user profile http://sturx.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: scratch that I'm not leaving

Post by Blaze on Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:10 pm

<-< Bye sturx..

Anyway people just curse for the enjoyment of using words commonly heard/known.I know you think that cursing isnt good for anything mostly.But there is tons of people who like to curse and it could give this forum a cursey alittle place. And there are the people around that dont like cursing much.
Since the words are used by the older people cause majority of everyone,adults and teens curse the most we get the idea of cursing.The curse words we use today are just words that can mean something else and are just regular words in a dictionary.We shouldnt call them curse words cause they are just words.So dont feel bad ok?Its infernhawk`s forum let him run it how he wants.You kno u dont have to come here if u dont like that rule.You might have alot of people you like to talk to here...Just ignore all this stuff Mkao?(ok)


Last edited by Milotic on Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Blaze
Pichu
Pichu

Posts : 145
Join date : 2010-07-10
Age : 19
Location : Italy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: scratch that I'm not leaving

Post by Goku on Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:10 pm

Umm still doesn't get me to disallow swearing.

_________________
Gym Badges: Dragon Badge, Sky Badge, Silence Badge, and Whirlpool Badge

avatar
Goku
Infernape
Infernape

Posts : 1232
Join date : 2010-07-09

View user profile http://pokebluegate.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Re: scratch that I'm not leaving

Post by jd896 on Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:11 pm

Probably not, because you're very logical XD

_________________


The truth^^^
See ya on the track!-Jd896
Xbox Live Ambassador
Betas- COD: WAW, BLUR, Halo: Reach
http://jd896.deviantart.com/
FALCON!!!!!!!! Lunch!!!
I write fan fics!
Earth Badge, Silence Badge
avatar
jd896
Pichu
Pichu

Posts : 351
Join date : 2010-07-10
Age : 21
Location : NY

View user profile http://jd896.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Re: scratch that I'm not leaving

Post by Sturx on Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:19 pm

Milotic wrote:<-< Bye sturx..

Anyway people just curse for the enjoyment of using words commonly heard/known.I know you think that cursing isnt good for anything mostly.But there is tons of people who like to curse and it could give this forum a cursey alittle place. And there are the people around that dont like cursing much.
Since the words are used by the older people cause majority of everyone,adults and teens curse the most we get the idea of cursing.The curse words we use today are just words that can mean something else and are just regular words in a dictionary.We shouldnt call them curse words cause they are just words.So dont feel bad ok?Its infernhawk`s forum let him run it how he wants.You kno u dont have to come here if u dont like that rule.You might have alot of people you like to talk to here...Just ignore all this stuff Mkao?(ok)
I know, but just because many do it doesn't make it ok.
I do understand where you are coming from though.
people can ignore swearing to some extent, but if you are a person who wants a very sociable life like me, you try to stay away from that so that you don't get dragged into it. I'm not blaming you, it's in everyones nature to start acting the way others do when you hang out with them enough. I recognize my weakness in this fact. So in order to help myself I must leave, until I have a more firm foundation of living. I recognize as well many people must do this but they do not see any problem with the way they are now. The only way to change is to hang out with people who support you in your ideas and opinions. I feel that people don't do that here. So far what I have encountered is put downs and frustration between many on here, may it be the RPGing that goes on or the general topics. I've found it's not such a fun envirment to be in when others swear.

_________________
and also the earth badge Deviant art account:http://sturx.deviantart.com
avatar
Sturx
Lagomorph
Lagomorph

Posts : 528
Join date : 2010-07-10
Age : 26
Location : California

View user profile http://sturx.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: scratch that I'm not leaving

Post by Lugia on Tue Jul 13, 2010 4:55 am

Infernhawk wrote:Lugia keeps putting it up because of 1 word posts.
That's what the rules say I should do....

Anyway, bye Sturx, we'll all miss you! Sad

I'm not gonna get involved with this debate.
avatar
Lugia
Pichu
Pichu

Posts : 298
Join date : 2010-07-10
Location : United States

View user profile http://pokemonforest.darkbb.com and pokeocean.comeze.com

Back to top Go down

Re: scratch that I'm not leaving

Post by silversalamence10 on Tue Jul 13, 2010 6:14 am

bye sturx the forum will miss you
avatar
silversalamence10
Infernape
Infernape

Posts : 1743
Join date : 2010-07-10
Location : no where

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: scratch that I'm not leaving

Post by jd896 on Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:02 am

Lugia wrote:
Infernhawk wrote:Lugia keeps putting it up because of 1 word posts.
That's what the rules say I should do....

Anyway, bye Sturx, we'll all miss you! Sad

I'm not gonna get involved with this debate.

And yet we should ignore the cursing rule? That makes sense. If you don't want us to enforce it, take it down...

_________________


The truth^^^
See ya on the track!-Jd896
Xbox Live Ambassador
Betas- COD: WAW, BLUR, Halo: Reach
http://jd896.deviantart.com/
FALCON!!!!!!!! Lunch!!!
I write fan fics!
Earth Badge, Silence Badge
avatar
jd896
Pichu
Pichu

Posts : 351
Join date : 2010-07-10
Age : 21
Location : NY

View user profile http://jd896.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Re: scratch that I'm not leaving

Post by Walshy97 on Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:45 am

JD does have a fair point
avatar
Walshy97
Lagomorph
Lagomorph

Posts : 614
Join date : 2010-07-10
Age : 20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: scratch that I'm not leaving

Post by jd896 on Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:59 am

It doesn't make sense. Why put up a rule you don't want to enforce?

_________________


The truth^^^
See ya on the track!-Jd896
Xbox Live Ambassador
Betas- COD: WAW, BLUR, Halo: Reach
http://jd896.deviantart.com/
FALCON!!!!!!!! Lunch!!!
I write fan fics!
Earth Badge, Silence Badge
avatar
jd896
Pichu
Pichu

Posts : 351
Join date : 2010-07-10
Age : 21
Location : NY

View user profile http://jd896.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Re: scratch that I'm not leaving

Post by Sturx on Tue Jul 13, 2010 10:46 am

Everyone....
I have been unbanned and it wouldn't make sense for me to delete my account so I'm going to just make graphics for this site...
I will accasionaly participate in the forums, but not like I was.

_________________
and also the earth badge Deviant art account:http://sturx.deviantart.com
avatar
Sturx
Lagomorph
Lagomorph

Posts : 528
Join date : 2010-07-10
Age : 26
Location : California

View user profile http://sturx.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: scratch that I'm not leaving

Post by Variant on Tue Jul 13, 2010 12:43 pm

I SAW WALLS OF TEXT AND NOW THE DEBATE IS OVER ASDFASDFASDF
I love walls of text. Sad

Anyway. I fully agree that Jirachi loves to break rule 9 because he swears every 10 minutes, but I disagree that you should leave over it (although you aren't). Saying that, both admins are still in their immaturity phase of life.
Another point I'd like to add:
Sturx wrote:The only way to change is to hang out with people who support you in your ideas and opinions. I feel that people don't do that here. So far what I have encountered is put downs and frustration between many on here, may it be the RPGing that goes on or the general topics.
Nobody's going to 100% support you in all your ideas except yourself. Don't rely on others to model the world into what you want it to be. The majority of my friends use Apple products, for example, something I absolutely detest (don't get me started, and simply don't ask) and yet I'm still good friends with them.
I'd also like to debunk stuff:
Sturx wrote:Japan doesn't use them, China doesn't, the older folk in the U.S. know better in general (I admit you may come across a very immature adult who swears in front of kids).
Japan does use them. A LOT. In anime for kids, too. The impact is just lessened because every little kid knows most of them, pretty much. China does, as well, as I've noticed when I was on a crosswalk and the light was red and the stupid driver tried to run me over and swore at me for himself breaking the law, which I didn't understand. My family swears quite a bit ourselves, so I'm not saying we're a model family either.
avatar
Variant
Mudkip
Mudkip

Posts : 83
Join date : 2010-07-10
Age : 25

View user profile http://etao.net23.net/

Back to top Go down

Re: scratch that I'm not leaving

Post by Sturx on Tue Jul 13, 2010 2:15 pm

Variant wrote:I SAW WALLS OF TEXT AND NOW THE DEBATE IS OVER ASDFASDFASDF
I love walls of text. Sad

Anyway. I fully agree that Jirachi loves to break rule 9 because he swears every 10 minutes, but I disagree that you should leave over it (although you aren't). Saying that, both admins are still in their immaturity phase of life.
Another point I'd like to add:
Sturx wrote:The only way to change is to hang out with people who support you in your ideas and opinions. I feel that people don't do that here. So far what I have encountered is put downs and frustration between many on here, may it be the RPGing that goes on or the general topics.
Nobody's going to 100% support you in all your ideas except yourself. Don't rely on others to model the world into what you want it to be. The majority of my friends use Apple products, for example, something I absolutely detest (don't get me started, and simply don't ask) and yet I'm still good friends with them.
I'd also like to debunk stuff:
Sturx wrote:Japan doesn't use them, China doesn't, the older folk in the U.S. know better in general (I admit you may come across a very immature adult who swears in front of kids).
Japan does use them. A LOT. In anime for kids, too. The impact is just lessened because every little kid knows most of them, pretty much. China does, as well, as I've noticed when I was on a crosswalk and the light was red and the stupid driver tried to run me over and swore at me for himself breaking the law, which I didn't understand. My family swears quite a bit ourselves, so I'm not saying we're a model family either.
I lived in japan for a year and would know, they are more of the polite type. The kids will occasionaly use them because they think it's cool too. They watch american films and get the idea from them.
Also I'm not relying on others to make a change for me. I have expressed my opinion in many ways and with good points being made. I don't expect others to do anything for me. Why would you think that after all I've said? I've put so much work into this thread and expressing my ideas just to be told that I'm not putting a lot of work into it? You think expressing an idea in a good way is easy? Well no it isn't you have to take into consideration every side of the issue and make sure you don't offend any one of those things. I think I have done the best I can at this. Why shouldn't I hope that the world can be better if people work together? Saying that I rely on others to model the world how I see fit is not what I'm doing. I only want this site to grow by appealing to a wider variety of people, but to do this I think that swearing should be kept to ourselves. I cannot control anyone elses actions, only they can make that choice. In this way people must rely on others to help them. If you think that me doing this is relying on them 100% to do everything I want your wrong. I don't swear myself, and contribute to this site. I try my best to be friendly, and I make a fair discussion to others voicing my opinion.

_________________
and also the earth badge Deviant art account:http://sturx.deviantart.com
avatar
Sturx
Lagomorph
Lagomorph

Posts : 528
Join date : 2010-07-10
Age : 26
Location : California

View user profile http://sturx.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: scratch that I'm not leaving

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum