Blue Gateway
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

When Worlds Collide Chp 1

Go down

When Worlds Collide Chp 1 Empty When Worlds Collide Chp 1

Post by jd896 Fri Jul 30, 2010 4:11 pm

Me: (narrating) Racing has always been a hobby of mine. I first started when my old trainer brought us to a go-kart track in Charlotte. Who’s us? Me and my friends. My name is Justin and I’m a Raichu. My three friends are Kyle, a Blaziken, Austin, who is a Lucario, James, who is a Pikachu, and Barry, who is a Grovyle. Our trainer brought us there one summer a few years ago. It was hard at first to master the steering and acceleration and braking, but once we did, we dominated all the races. Our trainer brought us into a Pokemon Center for the night to get some sleep. In the morning, we were thrown out of our Pokeballs by Nurse Joy. We were told he abandoned us and we just looked at her, stunned. We were very disappointed and upset, so we just stayed there for a little while, racing. We all loved racing, and that’s what kept our spirits up. We probably stayed for a month, racing bigger and faster go-karts, practically pro ones. We even defeated human drivers. I guess you could say we had a natural talent. We even taught ourselves to speak proper English. And I don’t mean some words, I mean FULL, COMPLETE English. But I bet your asking yourself, “Why is this significant?” Well, because this is how we were discovered into the conjoined human-Pokemon NASCAR League.
(Setting: A town named Charlotte, somewhere in Kanto. There is a road course go-kart track, with around 10 turns. On the track, go karts line up for a long 25 lap race. On the track are both Pokemon and humans. Some are amateur drivers, others are veterans. In the line up, as the karts take a slow warm up lap, is a Raichu by the name of Justin. On the left of him (it’s a double file start) is his friend, a Lucario named Austin. They have been friends since they could last remember. Austin gave Justin a thumbs up, while Justin just hit his own helmet and pointed to the front, telling him to look at the road. Justin and Austin started 6th and 7th respectively. James started 11th, Barry 13th, and Kyle, up in 3rd. The karts slowly approach the starting line. Just then, a man waves a green flag and the karts roar off down the long stretch.)

First Person POV- Justin

(As the karts roared down the track, I pounded the gas and took off. The kart thrusted forward and the race was on. The straightaway was nice and long, letting the karts hit speeds of about 50 MPH. The first turn was a sharp right turn, so you had to hit the brakes pretty early if you didn’t want to mess it up, but of course, about three karts ahead of me went too wide, tangled up, and smacked into the wall, moving me up to third. Kyle had moved up to first while Austin snuck by me on the right and took 2nd, while both of us slipped by another human. The next turn was a shallow left then a hard right, but was pretty easy if you knew when to hit the brakes. The next three turns were easy lefts while turn 7 and 8 were 90 degree rights, followed by a hard left and hard right into the straightaway. The first 15 laps were very smooth with me, Austin, and Kyle fighting for position. Around lap 16 though, as we entered turn 1, Austin got sideways and almost spun out. Me and Kyle took off ahead of him and it was just me and him. By now, the others were toiling in our dust, so things got rough between me and him. For the last 10 laps, we rubbed and scraped and did everything else to get to first besides spin each other out. As we came out of turn 10 on the last lap, we rubbed again, this time into the wall. We recovered, but as we approached the finish line, a kart swept by with a green blue in it.)
Me: Holy-!
Kyle: WHOA!
(The kart crossed the finish line before we could. Me and Kyle finished in a photo finish, me edging him out by about a foot for second place. As we pulled onto pit road, we saw who passed us… Barry. We both got out to greet him.)
Me: (Dang Barry, where’d you come from?)
Barry: (Didn’t expect that to happen, now did ya?)
Kyle: (No way! That was amazing!)
Barry: (Thanks.)
(Austin and James walked up to us.)
Me: (What happened to you two?)
Austin: (That wreck caused me to fall back to 6th.)
James: (I came way back in 8th.)
Barry: (Well, out of 20 karts, that was pretty good.)
James: (Thanks)
(A man walks up to us, which puzzles me.)
Man: Hello, how are you five today?
(We all just stared at him.)
Me: Raichu?
Man: C’mon, I know you can talk English.
(I look around to make sure no one else is listening.)
Me: We don’t really like to talk English in public.
Man: Well, I understand. Listen, I’d like to talk to you guys over by my shop later today. Interested?
(We all nodded except for Austin.)
Man: Great, my shop is just down the road. I’ll see you later, say an hour?
(We all nod again.)
Man: Great, see you then!
(The man walks away. Austin is frozen in awe.)
Barry: (Austin? You okay?)
Austin: (Th-th-th…)
Kyle: (Speak the word man!)
Austin: (That was Denny Hamlin!)
Justin: (You mean that driver on the television?)
Austin: (Yea, he’s my favorite! I can’t believe he was here!)
(Kyle, James, and Barry just gave us WTF looks and had no clue what we were talking about.)
Justin: (I’ll explain later, but let’s get another race in to kill time.)
(Just then, a low rumbling is heard.)
Kyle: (Sorry)
Justin: (Or eating is fine too…)
(We walk into the nearby Pokemon Center, where Joy has been taking very good care of us. She wanted to see if our trainer would come back, but I knew he wouldn’t anytime soon. After lunch, we walked to the nearby shop he was talking about. When we walked the ¼ mile, all of our jaws dropped. In front of us was a huge building. There was luscious grass in front of it, with a big stone plaque that said, “Hamlin Motorsports” and a replica of Denny’s FedEx Sprint Cup Car.)
Austin: (Whoa…)
Kyle: (Dang, this place is big…)
Justin: (Too right…)
(Barry and James were speechless.)
Me: (Are you just going to stand there or are you coming in?)
(They shook off their awe to see me, Kyle, and Austin at the front door and scrambled to us. We opened the door and took in even more. It was just a big room, but on the right was the garages (which took up half the building I may add) and to the left were the offices. But as if on cue, Denny and another man walked in.)
Denny: Oh, you’re here!
Man: You’re telling me your prospects are Pokemon?
Me: And that’s supposed to mean?
(The man froze up when he heard me talk.)
Man: I like ‘em already.
Denny: Told ya, anyways, I see you’ve taken a liking to the shop already?
Austin: Definitely.
Denny: Good to hear, I’d like you to follow me. Brian, go get the files from the office.
(Brian ran off to the left and we followed him into the back. He took us into a room on the left. It was a decently sized table, big enough to fit all of us. We all sat at the table.)
Denny: So listen, I’ve seen you guys racing at the nearby track here and wanted to know if you guys would like to join the big leagues.
Kyle: Excuse me?
Denny: I want to know if you want to join NASCAR.
(At the sound of this, Austin fell backwards and fainted.)
Me: Sorry about him, he does that when he gets too excited…
Denny: Haha, it’s fine! But listen, I have an idea for your decision…
Us: ???
Denny: Follow me.
(We walked across the hall into a garage.)
Denny: These are my five Modified cars. These are all ready for testing if you’d like.
Me: That’d be great, but where are we supposed to test them?
Denny: Got that covered.
(He opened the garage’s doors and even I almost fainted. Outside, was a beautiful, big oval.)
Me: Whoa, didn’t see that coming…
Austin: Wow…
Kyle: Cool.
Denny: Like it, now go ahead, choose the one you like.
(I looked at them all and went to a jet black car with a Gamestop sponsor on it. I climbed through the window and sat in the seat. It was very comfortable. I pulled down the helmet that was hanging up and put it on. It fit perfectly and snugly around my head. I couldn’t reach the pedals though, but then Denny came over.)
Denny: Let me fix that for you.
(He easily adjusted it and I could now push them down with ease.)
Denny: This track is about three quarters of a mile. Might want to tap the brakes entering the turn.
Me: Got it.
Denny: You seem quite eager. You’re first so go after it!
(He flipped a switch and the engine roared to life.)
Denny: GOOD LUCK!
(He closed the safety net and I slowly took the car forward. I wanted to get used to the stick shift so I took the first lap slow, but as a came out of turn four, I floored it. This car was FAST. I must’ve topped 130 MPH before having to hit the brakes. The car was loud too, deafening even. The car also had great handling as I could easily take the inside of the track. I got a good five laps in before a sign hanging over the track said, “One lap to go, SLOW DOWN”. As I rounded turn four, the wall opened up, leading to the garage, so I slowed myself and parked in the garage. I took off the helmet, opened the net, climbed out and yelled: )
Me: THAT WAS AWESOME!
Denny: I figured you’d like it.
(I watched from the garage as the others took five laps. James had a hard time grasping it at first, stalling and spinning out, but when he got it, he FLEW down the track. When everyone had finished, we all returned to the meeting room.)
Denny: So, how was it?
Me: Great!
Austin: AWESOME!
James: That was awesome!
Kyle: Cool!
Barry: Something I’d like to do again.
Denny: So, want to join the team?
Us: OF COURSE!
Denny: Haha, good to hear, but let me say, the people you’ll be racing will be real pros. Don’t expect it to be easy.
Us: Never…
Denny: Good, I hope you’re ready. The season will begin in two weeks.
(Me: (narrating) And that’s how we found our way into Nascar. Maybe next time, I’ll tell you how we got into the Sprint Cup.)
jd896
jd896
Pichu
Pichu

http://jd896.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down