Blue Gateway
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

When Worlds Collide- Chp 2+3

Go down

When Worlds Collide- Chp 2+3 Empty When Worlds Collide- Chp 2+3

Post by jd896 Sat Sep 11, 2010 4:44 pm

Chp 2

Me: (narrating) The years we raced flew by. We raced two season in the Modified Tour. The first season was rather rough, our team's best was Kyle that year, coming in 3rd in the points standings. Austin came in 9th, me 11th, James 14th, and Barry 5th. The following year, Austin clutched the entire season, winning the championship, but just barely beating me out by 29 points. Kyle had it rough that year, coming in 17th, James improved to 9th, and Barry still came in 5th. That year, Denny offered to bump all of us up to the Nationwide Series, in which we all happily accepted. The 27 races so far have been long and hard. Right now, I'm 10th in points, Austin is 9th, Kyle 4th, James 12th, and Barry… he's 5th AGAIN. We're coming up on the last race of the season, the Ford 300 at Homestead-Miami. This is where all the marbles would be dealt. Me, Austin, and James are out of contention for the points, but if Kyle or Barry could win it, it would be a rookie miracle.
(I am now standing behind the pit road wall, up next to my crew chief.)
CC: Have to watch the turns here, no banking so it will be a little bit like New Hampshire, so take it easy in the turns.
Me: Alright… I just hope same day qualifying and racing will help.
CC: We'll see, anyways, you're coming up so go get 'em.
Me: Alright, thanks.
(I climbed down from the pit box and stood on the pit road wall. My car was still #23 and jet black, but had different sponsors on it. The main sponsor was Gamestop, which I love haha. The other sponsor I had was Campbell's Soup, on the rear of the car. I looked at my teammates cars too. Austin had the #27 with the Dr. Pepper sponsor. His car was colored the same as a can of Dr. Pepper. James had the #12, sponsored by Halo, a game for the Xbox 360. Kyle had the #97 Castrol car and Barry had the #13 Shonen Jump car. After looking around for a moment, I jumped off the wall and climbed into my Ford. I put on my helmet, put up the safety net, and waited for my turn. Denny walked up to my car, his Sprint Cup firesuit on.)
Denny: Good luck today.
Me: Thanks, I hope I do well.
Denny: You'll do fine, just watch the corners here and you'll be okay.
Me: Got it.
(He walked away and hopped over the wall. Now, it was my turn to qualify. I fired up the engine and crawled my way off of pit road. After I passed through the pits, I got faster and faster. I reached about 167 MPH before getting into Turn 3, which I slowed to about 125. I stormed down the front stretch and watched the green flag wave. It was on. I quickly sped down the rest of the front stretch into Turn 1. I tapped the brakes again to round the turn and got a great run off of 2. The car was driving like a dream into 3 and 4. As I passed the finish line, my Crew Chief informed me: )
CC: Your lap time was 32.186, good enough for 4th.
Me: Alright, that's good enough for me.
(I rounded the track once again, pulled into the pits and into the garage area. Austin was already there.)
Austin: Hey, that was a nice run!
(I climbed out of the car.)
Me: Thanks, how'd you do?
Austin: You bumped me down to 11th!
Me: Sorry.
Austin: Nah, it's cool. Still top half. We're just waiting on the others.
Me: Alright, I'm going into the trailer.
Austin: Alright, I'll see ya later.
(I walked out of the garage and towards my team's trailer. I did have to sign a few autographs (Yes, I know how to write), but it was okay. After I did get to the trailer, I turned on the TV and lied down on the sofa. I was still a bit tired, so I closed my eyes to rest up. It wasn't long before qualifying was over, because only after probably five minutes, a new show turned on. I just ignored it and started to doze when I heard a knock at the door.)
Me: Hm? Come in!
(The door opened and my spotter, Mewley, came in. She was a Mew. It was odd that a legendary Pokemon would be my spotter, but I saved her life.)
[Flashback]
(It was the off-season and I was driving down the road in my black Mustang. It was around 9 PM and I just wanted to get to the shop, but off to the side of the road, I saw something pink and moving very slowly. I let curiosity get to me and parked to the side of the road. I walked up to see the poor Mew struggling for survival.)
Mewley: Please… I'm… going to… die.
Me: No one's dying tonight!
(I carefully picked her up and brought her to the car. I placed her carefully in the passenger seat and jumped into the driver's seat. I threw the car into drive and took off. The Pokemon Center was only ½ a mile down the road. If anyone could help this Mew, it was her. I stormed down the deserted road, pushing 120 MPH. I flew by the shop and kept going, but now, a cop was chasing me. I knew it was risky, but I had to keep going. I saw the Pokemon Center in my sights. I slid the car in front of it, grabbed the Mew, and ran into it.)
Me: NURSE JOY!!!
(Joy ran out of a room.)
Joy: What is it?
(She saw the Mew I was holding and immediately took her to the E.R. As she did, I felt a sudden electric charge hit me. I turned around only to black out. I woke up not to long after to find myself on the waiting bench and Joy yelling at the cop.)
Joy: I go to heal a Pokemon for 10 minutes and find this Raichu on the ground, out cold, hit with your baton and tazed in the back! You should be ashamed of yourself! He was just helping a hurt Pokemon!
Cop: But-
Joy: NO BUTS!
(She stormed off into the E.R again. I rubbed my head and took in my surroundings. I was surprised the cop didn't arrest me. I just sat there for a little while, waiting to see what would happen to the Mew. Another cop walked in and took the first cop outside, I'm not sure why though. After about 15 minutes, Joy walked back into the room.)
Joy: Good, that cop left. Anyways, you're a great driver and a heroic Pokemon. The Mew is making its recovery, but will need a few days before you can see her.
(I took a sigh of relief, but was a little disappointed.)
Joy: I think you should get back home. You can come back in two days to see it.
(I was a little upset Joy called the Mew IT, but I thanked her and left. When I did, I couldn't help but feel bad for leaving her, but I had a different, strange feeling as well. I wasn't sure, so I let it go. After she recovered, she was very grateful, and watched me and my friends practice. After she learned some about racing, she became my new spotter.)
[Flashback End]
(Mewley flew in and hovered onto the sofa. I sat up to give her a little space.
Mewley: Last race of the season, huh?
Me: Yea… can't believe how fast it has gone!
Mewley: I know, right? I'm just nervous I'll mess up.
Me: You'll do fine! Just relax a little. Inside is left, outside is right.
Mewley: I know, but…
Me: Just relax! You won't do that bad! You've been a great spotter all year!
(She blushed a little.)
Mewley: Stop! You're making me blush!
(I just smiled, closed my eyes and sat back in the sofa.)
Mewley: Tired?
Me: Yea, just want to rest before the race.
Mewley: I guess I'll leave you to your privacy. I'll see you later.
Me: Later.
(She left out the door and I dozed off, but before I knew it.)
???: JUSTIN! GET YOUR ASS OUT HERE!
Me: Wha-?!
(Austin almost ripped the door open.)
Austin: C'mon! The race is starting soon!
Me: Alright, alright! Calm down!
(I got up and ran out of the trailer, but suddenly, the world went whirly and I was suddenly in front of my car.)
Me: WHOA!
CC: Nice of you to join us.
Me: Sorry…
Announcer: Ladies and gentlemen, please rise and remove your hats as we play Kanto's National Anthem…
(All the teams line up as the song is played. Jets fly over towards the end as everybody cheers. The teams huddle up, pray, chant, and separate. I climb into my car and put on the helmet. I activated the radio.)
Me: Mewley, did you teleport me and Austin again?
Mewley: Well, you would've been late again!
Me: Alright, that's reasonable.
Lance: GENTLEMEN! START! YOUR! ENGINES!!!
(I was surprised an Elite Four Champ would be the Grand Marshal, but I ignored it and fired up the engine. The pace car then led us onto the track. Next to me was Kyle and in front was Carl Edwards and Martin Truex Jr. I was anxious to get this race through with. We took two warm up laps slowly around the track. As we rounded the second time, the pace cars pulled off the track, the green flag, and I pounded the gas. It was on. The first lap was run hard. Into Turn 1, Kyle fought ahead of me, so I helped him to the front by bump drafting him, but it wasn't enough to get by Truex. Into Turn 3, he blocked all of our attempts to pass. We raced around for over 50 laps and even made a green flag pit stop, but Truex stayed out front. By Lap 56, I was fed up.)
Me: Kyle, go high! I'll go low!
Kyle: Got it.
(And the plan was working perfectly.)
Mewley: Outside, three wide. Oh wait! Caution's out, caution's out.
Me: What?!
Mewley: Yea, behind you on the front stretch. James clipped Brad Keselowski.
Me: Great, alright, time to pit.
(The first time we passed the pits, it was closed. Second time, it was open. Most of the pack went into the pits. My pit stall was near the end.)
Me: Four tires, two cans of gas, leave the track bar.
CC: You heard 'em boys!
(I pulled into the pit box and the guys went to work. The stop was very fast, but as I pulled out…)
Me: ARE YOU SERIOUS?!
(Truex managed to beat me out of pit road.)
Me: Alright, where are you guys?
Kyle: Right behind ya.
Barry: Fifth…
Austin: Twelfth
James: Damn it, back in twentieth.
Me: Alright Kyle, try that again?
Kyle: Let's.
(As the green flag waved, me and Kyle were determined to get by Truex. As we entered Turn 1, we tried it again, this time with success. Truex blocked me, but Kyle swung by high. As we ran into three, Truex tried to get low under Kyle to pass again, but went too low, hit the apron, and spun in front of me. I swerved high, but he barely clipped my rear fender.)
Mewley: Caution's out…
CC: You okay?
Me: Fine, fine, how's the damage?
CC: It's not serious at all, you won't need to repair it until next stop.
Me: Alright.
(The rest of the race from there went smoothly as me, Kyle, and even Barry all attempted for the top spot. Green flag pit stops were a breeze, cautions were very minimal for blown tires or solo spin-outs. Around Lap 198, the top 5 was Clint Bowyer, Jeff Burton, Steve Wallace, me, and Kyle. But as the cars rounded turn 1 on Lap 199, Burton tapped Bowyer, causing both to spin and collect Wallace, but me and Kyle swerved out of it.)
Me: Whoa!
Kyle: That was close!
James: Damn it, I got hit, I'm out.
(James got into Wallace, hitting him T-bone style. James' front was severely damaged.)
Me: Then that means…
Austin: Green, white, checkered baby!
(I couldn't help but laugh at that. The clean was surprisingly quick, taking only two laps. As we got to the restart, I was pumped and full off adrenaline. We took off down the front stretch as the green flag waved, and ran quickly into Turn 1. As we exited two, me and Kyle rubbed side to side, him on the outside. As we entered 3, I got a run ahead and took off down the front stretch again out of four as I got the white flag.)
CC: One lap to go, make it count!
(We entered 1 again, and Kyle shoved his way inside of me, almost spinning me.)
Me: Hey!
Kyle: You had it coming!
(We rubbed again down the back stretch and into 3 and 4. We were side by side as me and Kyle stuck onto each other as we ran down the front stretch. We crossed the finish line, but I wasn't sure who won.)
Me: Dang! Close finish! So, who won?
Mewley: Kyle beat you out by a few inches.
CC: That was a good run today Justin.
Me: Thanks guys, great job today, great job.
(Everyone made their way onto pit road except for Kyle, who did his victory burnouts alongside Matt Kenseth, who had won the championship. This was his first win this year and I felt happy for him. I climbed out of the car as one of the TV Reporters approached me. I knew she wanted an interview, so I happily agreed and talked to her about the race and the final few laps and how I was happy for Kyle. After that, I worked my way to the Victory Circle to congratulate Kyle. I got in just in time for him to spray me in the face with champagne.)
Me: Hey, c'mon!
Kyle: C'mon, it's only champagne, not going to kill ya.
(I laughed a little as he took his turn for the interview. Denny was there to congratulate him and me for a good race. I walked back to the car a little while after and brought the car to the trailer. My crew helped put it in as I went into the trailer and sat on the sofa again. I flipped the TV onto ESPN and watched the pre-race show. As I did, I heard a knock on the door.)
Me: Come in Mewley.
Mewley: How'd you know it was me?
Me: You come in every time after a race.
Mewley: True, but that was a good race today.
Me: A good season more like it. You did good today.
Mewley: Aw, thanks.
(She hovered over and hugged me, which surprised me, but I accepted it. It was soon interrupted by a knocking at the door again. This time it was Denny.)
Denny: Hey guys, that was an awesome run this season.
Me: Thanks.
Denny: Yea, I saw you got ninth in points, bumped Truex right out of eighth when he wrecked. But listen, that's not the reason I'm here. I'm here to ask you if you're ready for the Sprint Cup?
Me: Are you serious?!
Denny: Dead serious!
Me: Wow! Of course!
Denny: Great, I'll talk more about it at the shop, alright?
Me: Yeah, cool.
Denny: Alright, see ya.
(He walked out.)
Mewley: Wow, that's great! Next season will be awesome, and… I'll be there every race.
(She got me to blush a little, but I shook it off and smiled.)
Me: Yep, it will be. I'm going to go find the others.
Mewley: Alright.
(Me: (narrating) And that's how we found our way into the Sprint Cup series. During the off-season, James found a girlfriend, an Eevee named June. Everyone else though was pumped and getting ready for the next season, the big leagues… the Sprint Cup.)

Chp 3

(Cue Nascar on FOX theme here.)
Announcer: Good morning to America and to everyone else in other nations watching one of the most historic races in Nascar. You have now tuned into Nascar on Fox, presented by Budweiser. We're in for one heck of a race today, as we get ready for the Gatorade Dual 125's at Daytona. I'm your host, Alan Bestwick, alongside my partner, Darrell Waltrip.
(I was nervous. My first race in Sprint Cup. Boy, this was so nerve racking! I didn't get the opportunity to race in the Budweiser Shootout, but this is the next best thing. The Duals of Daytona. I did qualify 7th in qualifying, but my Arceus, that doesn't mean anything until you race the Duals. I was in the first dual, along with Austin and Kyle. Barry, James, and Denny are in race 2. I was in my trailer, listening to the TV, while I put on my firesuit. Damn, the thing's a bit tight, but it sure pays off if your car catches fire. After I did pull it up onto me, I turned off the TV and walked out of the trailer and to my "delight", I saw Austin and Mewley kissing. They "clicked" during the off season and just have been inseparable ever since. I walked over to them, stood on my tail, and Gibbs slapped Austin in the back off the head, startling him.)
Austin: OW!
Me: We've got a race in a few minutes, so quit making out with your girlfriend and get going!
Austin: Alright, alright, calm yourself. I'll see you later Hailey.
(Mewley's real name was apparently Hailey, so now we called her that. Austin and Hailey kissed and Mewley floated off. Me and Austin walked to the pits, signing A LOT of autographs along the way. I swear, we got mobbed. It must've taken us 15 minutes to get through the autographs and towards our cars. After we did finally get to our teams, listened to the Anthem and prayers, we finally got the command to climb in and fire up our engines. Starting in the top 5 was Dale Earnhardt Jr., Jamie McMurray, Carl Edwards, me, and followed by Kyle. Austin was back in 9th. My paws were trembling on the wheel as we took are warm up laps. I was so nervous. As we took the green flag to start, I almost drove straight into the wall, but swerved back at the last second.)
Me: Aye, get your head in the game Justin.
(The first 25 laps went smoothly from thereafter, although I was still terribly nervous. Around lap 27, the old rivalry of Kesolowski and Edwards re-fired. Edwards got loose in turn 2 and slid up into Kesolowski, right in front of me. I had barely enough time to react, sharply turning onto the apron, but that destroyed my right rear tire.)
Me: Damn it, I'm flat, I'm flat!
Crew Chief: Alright, bring 'er in! We needed a pit stop anyway.
(A managed to limp my car to the pits and change the tires and get the damage to the right rear fixed some, but not 100%. We restarted a poor 20th, with Jr. still leading the way and only 20 laps to go.)
Me: Austin, if anyone's going to win it's you!
Hailey: Yeah, you can do it sweetie!
Austin: Well, when I DO win, I'm giving you a big ol' kiss.
Mewley: Awww, you're sweet.
Kyle: Hey, what about me?
Me: Heh, you've got a chance as well Kyle…
Kyle: Meh…
(The radio went silent after that as we hit another green flag run. With 5 laps to go, Austin and Dale Jr. were having a battle for the lead. Unfortunately, Kyle Busch got tangled up with Ryan Newman in Turn 4, causing Kyle to flip over 6 times, bringing out a red flag, which delayed the race for over 15 minutes. After that, we had an overtime green-white-checkered finish. It was one hell of a three laps. As Austin and Dale Jr. jockeyed for position, I creeped my way up to 10th by some miracle. On the last turn of the last lap, Dale and Austin had a drag race to the finish line, the whole team rooting for him.)
Me: You've got it Austin!
Kyle: Go, go, go!
Hailey: C'mon sweetie!
Austin's CC: C'mon buddy, you got it, you got it!
(They crossed the finish line at 185 MPH as the flag man waved the checkered flag. No one had a clue who won.)
Austin: So who won?
Hailey: I was right above the line and even I didn't see who did.
Austin's CC: Whoa baby!
(Kyle managed to finish 6th and by some Arceus-forsaken miracle, I came to 10th.)
Me: Aye, aye, aye, good job today boys…
Kyle: Good race everyone.
Me: I want to see that replay camera!
Kyle: I'm with ya there!
Hailey: I'll be there waiting!
(Nascar took an "official" look at the video and they concluded the winner was Austin. Everyone was just jawdropping shocked.)
Me: Wow, the rookie beats the seasoned veteran…
Kyle: I was having doubts too…
(Hailey had already flown away to wait in the winner's circle.)
Kyle: Looks like I'll be getting sprayed today…
(We now set a new tradition. Whoever came second on our team gets blasted with champagne. So Kyle stood in the Winner's Circle as he got sprayed in the face with champagne from Austin. Luckily, I had a towel at the ready, so he could dry off quickly. After we had our celebration, me and Austin walked back to our trailers to watch the second race on TV. Our trailers were right next to each other for convenience.)
Justin: Just do me a favor, don't be kissing in front of my trailer with Hailey.
Austin: Alright, alright, chill.
(As I went inside, I saw Hailey out of the corner of my eye.)
Justin: *chuckling* They are SO making out right now.
(I went into the trailer, flipped the TV onto FOX, pulled off my firesuit, threw on my favorite NY hat, and plopped onto the couch.)
Justin: The Daytona 500… wow…
(After that little comment, I passed out into sleep)
jd896
jd896
Pichu
Pichu

http://jd896.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down